Going big this Christmas?
If you're planning on giving an pricey gift to a special someone this holiday season, you'll want to consider insuring it. Many gift items will already be covered under your current homeowner's insurance or renter's insurance, but if the item is very expensive, it most likely will require extra coverage.
When giving gifts like engagement rings or other jewelry, valuable paintings or bikes for example, you will definitely want to consider purchasing additional insurance coverage. Very valuable gifts need to be fully insured in the event they are stolen or lost.
First, consider the gift itself and it's total cost. What is your homeowner's insurance or renter's insurance policy deductible? If the item costs less than your deductible, it's probably not necessary to insure it separately.
Next, do you know what your homeowner's policy cap is on valuable item categories?Insurance companies, like Erie, put caps on valuable items that fit into certain categories in order to keep insurance affordable for policy holders. Categories include things such as fine art and jewelry, high-end cameras, firearms, instruments, collectible items, fur clothing and more.
If you've purchased a valuable gift or are planning on it, contact D.E. Cressman to find out what the current cap is on that item category. Together, we can figure out if additional coverage is needed and exactly how much. If the item is added to your policy, it will require an appraisal. This should take place before purchasing, ideally.
It's also a great idea to purchase the gift using a credit card if possible. Many credit card companies offer their own protection policies. After all, the more coverage, the better.
Please contact D.E. Cressman with any questions- Happy Shopping!
Your car, home and kitchen will see a lot of action in the next couple months. There's nothing better than getting you're whole family together to celebrate the holidays. This time of year is also hectic and stressful, with that in mind here are a few safety tips for the Holiday Season. Feel free to add your own in the comments section below. Start the New Year right and call D.E. Cressman for a free quote. We offer Auto, Home, Life, Commercial, Renters & Mobile Home Insurance!
• "December is the peak time of year for home candle fires. In December, 11% of home candle fires began with decorations compared to 4% the rest of the year." Candles are great holiday decorations, but they should never be left unattended. Read about candle safety here:
• Cooking is a huge part of the holiday tradition for many families. It's important to stay in the kitchen, the ENTIRE time you are frying, grilling or broiling. Keep anything that can catch fire away from the stovetop. This includes wrapping paper, decorations, stockings etc. Read more about kitchen safety here:
• Maybe you're leaving home for the holidays? Don't tip off criminals on the web/social media! Remove any spare keys you stash outside the house and asks a trusted friend or neighbor to keep an eye on things. Read the full list of tips on leaving home for the holidays:
• Most Christmas Tree fires are caused by an electrical problem. Don't overload outlets, and inspect any electrical lights or decorations before use. Always share your family fire escape plan with overnight guests. Check out this link for more information on Christmas Trees and Fire Safety.
• If you're traveling by car for the holidays you'll want to have your car inspected before for safety before you leave. Pack a winter safety kit for the car, and stay up to date on weather reports. Click the link below for more driving tips:
Regardless of how you feel about winter, it's fast approaching. Now that fall is officially here, it's the best time to prepare your home and family for the harsher weather to come. Take a look at some of the preparations you may want to make:
• Have your furnace tuned up. Check out this article detailing why you should have professionals clean and check your furnace annually.
• Clean your gutters! This article gives you a how to if it’s your first time:
• Inspect your roof! Winter weather can bring heavy snow. It's best to inspect your roof and make repairs before big weather hits. Stay safe- use binoculars to look for damage, or hire a professional to come inspect it for you.
• Check your fire alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. These are essential for home safety, if you don’t have them install them right away.
• Have you Chimney cleaned! The Chimney Safety Institute of America can help you find someone certified in your area.
• Stock up on winter maintenance items like salt, ice melt, shovels, and car scrapers. You don't want to be caught without in the first winter storm. Check out this article that details the different types of salt you can use.
Preparing your home for winter is the perfect time to get a quote for Homeowners Insurance through D.E. Cressman! Be prepared for anything!
D.E. Cressman Insurance Agency has been serving the Lehigh Valley for over 60 years. We care about providing excellent customer service to our customers all over the Lehigh Valley when it comes to their auto, home, life and commercial insurance. Now that fall is finally upon us, let us guide you to the best fall activities in our area. The Lehigh Valley is full of fun things to do with your family and friends all season long! From Oktoberfest celebrations to Halloween festivities, we know the best places and events for you to enjoy this fall.
• Easton's Annual Garlic Fest has beer, food and all kinds of different games and crafts!
• Check out a Phantoms game at the new PPL Center in Allentown! The link below lists the Phantoms schedule of home games.
• Starting September 18th is Dorney Park's "Haunt." They offer a variety of Halloween themed attractions such as a Chamber of Horros, Trick or Treat and more!
• The Lehigh Valley is home to plenty of orchards to choose from to take your children apple picking! The link below features a number of different places to go for this fun fall activity!
• October 2-4 and 9-11 is the Yuengling Oktoberfest at SteelStacks! In addition to the great selection of food and beer, they have tons of fun activities like beer stein races, music performances and rides!
Enjoy your autumn in the Lehigh Valley and don't forget to contact your neighbors, D.E. Cressman Insurance Agency for all your auto, home, life and commercial insurance needs!
Amidst all of the back to school ads telling us that summer is over, we are here to assure you that there's still plenty of time to have fun! Take a look at the following links for some ideas on cool events to attend nearby. Whether it be a trip to the shore for the weekend, or a drive up to the mountains, there's plenty to do yet this summer!
• This site contains all kinds of information for those visiting The Poconos and features some fun outdoor activities like zip lining and golfing!
• This article gives information on the Made in America music festival, being held in Philadelphia's Ben Franklin Parkway on Labor Day Weekend.
• This one has information for anyone interested in attending the Atlantic City Air Show, taking place September 2nd!
• For those hanging local, this site features all of the entertainment that will be at this year’s Allentown Fair!
Be safe and take advantage of what's left of summer!
Summer is a popular time for people to take vacations. Whether you're driving to the beach for a long weekend, taking a cruise to the islands or flying to Europe, all kinds of planning and preparation goes into making a successful trip. Take a look at these different articles to make sure you have everything covered when it comes to your vacation!
• Read this article for tips for your next beach vacation.
• Check out this article for ways to make sure your road trip is hassle-free and as least costly as possible.
• If you plan to go on a cruise, read these tips for how to pack effectively.
• This article features pointers on things you can do to make traveling abroad easier and safer.
Wherever it is that you are going, be sure to take the proper precautions and be prepared in order to have the best time possible. Don't forget to get an insurance quote from D.E. Cressman to help save even more money this summer!
Summer is a popular time for vacations, especially road trips. The extra driving you do over the summer can use up a lot of money if you aren't mindful about saving on gas for your car. View the links below to learn about all the different things you can do to save money on gas and also get the most out of it.
• Check out this article for specific tips on how to drive and when/where to buy gas in order to save money.
• This Forbes article offers savvy ways to save on gas such as buying discounted gas cards!
• This article gives tips from the Consumer Federation of America that can save you 20% on gas costs.
• Read this article for ways to change how you drive and where the best types of places are to get your gas.
Don't waste money when it comes to gas, save that money for your vacation! Also, contact D.E. Cressman for help saving on your insurance!
Saving money is something that's on everyone's minds. You must be savvy if you use D.E. Cressman for your insurance, because they offer the best rates in the area! Another way to save money this summer is when you're cooling your home. With the hot summer months just around the corner, the need to cool your home is becoming more and more of a necessity. The following articles offer tips on how to efficiently air condition your home and save money in the process.
• This article features simple things you can do around the house that save energy like closing shades and adjusting the thermostat when you aren't around.
• This one has interesting ideas like putting leafy trees around your house to block sunlight from coming in and making your house hotter.
• This article features tips on how to make do with less air conditioning, therefore saving money while still keeping cool.
• Featured in this article are ways to cut out costs and improve your AC system to get more for your money.
• This article lists ways to save money on both central air and window unit cooling systems along with other helpful ways to cut your cooling costs.
As you can see, there are plenty of ways to save money while cooling your home this summer. Don't forget to get insurance quotes from D.E. Cressman Insurance Agency, we can help you save money too!